Friday, October 1, 2010

Five for Friday

Fridays post will be a list of five... anything. Not necessarily in order. Just a list of five. Feel free to add your list of five... whatever in the comments below.

In honor of it being (finally) October 1st, today's list will be five reason why October is the best month of the year.


1. My birthday is in October. The 4th. Monday. I'll be forty. 40. So far, I'm okay with that. Any way, birthday= cake + presents. Woo! Hoo!

2. Halloween is in October. A chance to dress up. Candy. Spooky movies. Candy. Decorating for Halloween. Candy. FREE CANDY! Again, I say, Woo! Hoo!

3. Look at it outside- blue sky, gold, ruby and copper leaves, orange, white and pale-green pumpkins, crisp, white sunlight, ivory-pink moon- the colors of October are inspiring to say the least.

4. Cool air. I'm not a hot weather person. This is my time of year in the temperature department. The chilly breeze that you can feel as it passes through your lungs and keeps you cheeks pink. Bring on the sweaters!

5. Pumpkins. Not only their colors (as mentioned above) but also the way they feel- cold and hard, smooth and bumpy. I love their shape and the fact that you can make them into your own work of art. The seeds when roasted and salted are wonderful. And then there's pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie. I grew my own pumpkins this year and had the most fun watching them grow and change each day.

So there you have it. My ode to October. What is your favorite month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...