Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Momma Monday! (Again)

***I'd like to dedicate this post to the memory of Barbara Billingsly and her role as June Cleaver (super-mom) in one of my all-time fav's- "Leave It To Beaver".

Monday. Finally. I've been looking forward to this Monday for the past three weeks.

I've been doing a lot of sewing and show-prepping and birthday celebrating. And through it all, I've had my eye on today, Monday. A brief and needed bit of respite from the sewing and show-prepping. Even if it is only for a few days.

And what will I be doing? Cleaning!!! I miss cleaning my house! The kind of deep-down, intense, loose-track-of-time kind of cleaning. The kind of cleaning that results in re-decorating because you tear your house apart.

It actually began yesterday. I spent about an hour cleaning my half bath. A half bath that is called a half bath because you can only fit a half person in it. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to clean that "room". Now, don't think I was scrubbing on hands and knees, Cinderella-like. I just took my own sweet time! Because I could! And then I rewarded myself by "shopping" my Halloween crafts and re-decorating that tiny space. Asher was very impressed.

Today it was the kitchen. I've been dreaming about giving this kitchen a once-over for a while now. And I did. I also rewarded myself by re-decorating for Halloween. Again, Asher was pretty impressed. We celebrated with a trip to buy some pumpkins and gourds to scatter artfully around the kitchen and dining room. I still have to dust the woodwork in the dining room and give both floors a super-cleaning, but other than that we're looking good.

That's pretty much what my week is going to look like; cleaning, catching-up and being just mom.

I'm off to the eye doctor and perhaps a stroll around Target. Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...