Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Momma!

That's right! It's my birthday!

My 40th birthday...

As in, I've been alive for forty years. (Really?!?)

Sorry about missing out on Saturday's post but my husband surprised me with an over-night trip to Livonia. You say, Livonia? What's in Livonia? Not too much but, what's near Livonia is Northville. And, what's in Northville was the Ghoultide Gathering. For a Halloween lover/artist like me, this was the perfect birthday weekend. Almost 24 hours just me and my man! I didn't have to cut up anyone's food. I didn't have to ask anyone if they had to go potty. I woke up all on my own. What a nice treat that was! Of course, we talked about the boys about 75% of the time. And we bought them gifts. And we talked to them on the phone. And we cut off our trip a little short so that we could have dinner with them. (I'll write more on the show another time.)

As for it being Momma Monday, I should be writing about Mom- things. Right? Like, how wonderful it is to hear your two year old say "Bert-date t'you, bert-date t'you". Or, how wonderful it is to get a birthday card from your seven year old with words of love written on it along-side a picture of you holding a gun watching father and son fight with lightsabers. I never got gifts like this before my boys. I know each year the gifts will change, mature, maybe make more sense and lighter on the violence. But I'll tell you what... I'll never forget these birthdays. And, I'll always be grateful to God for the best gifts ever- Nathanael and Asher.

(And that dream-boat of a husband is pretty awesome, too!)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...