Monday, March 8, 2010

Sneak Peek

Wanna see what I've been up to the past few days? At least, as far as sewing is concerned? I think I've mentioned this before but if not.... I've always wanted to create a monthly... something (mat, pillow, hanging, whatever). I never have and I think that is because 'monthly' is a bit much for me right now. When over-whelmed I tend to just avoid so I've changed the plan from monthly to seasonal. Only four to create, three months at a time. This I can handle! And, I have a wonderful, nature-made, pre-determined release date: the fist day of _________ (pick a season).

So, the first day of spring is fast approaching. A good thing for many reasons! I've been trying to pin down what I want to create that can be reproduced to represent the different seasons yet still look related. At first I decided to do a framed piece, did the sketches, made a plan. Then, the other day, while I was picking out the wool and colors I wanted to use I thought- this would make a great mat. What I had drawn has a 5" 'topper' so, I copied the 'topper', flipped it around and placed it on the other end. A mat! This way, you will have the choice to make a mat or a framed piece.

I've been having a lot of fun working on it. The weather has been so sunny and mild. It's been perfect for sitting in my sunny corner and stitching pretty pictures of spring! Here are some pics of my progress.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...