Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Silver Bells





The bells are done! It feels like this mat has been dragging on forever but I promise you it's not. I haven't been able to give it my undivided attention lately. There has just been too much to do. So, I've been working on it piece-meal but an end is finally in sight. It is pinned to the backing fabric and all I have left is to blanket stitch it together. I was originally going to 'write' "Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?" in a small ring in the center of the mat but I have decided not to. I think it would make it look too busy. And, when I set a candle on it, I thought it looked fine as is. The text would have been hidden.

What's next? 'Ring-a-ring-a roses' of course! Hint: it will be a 12" pillow, lots of red and white. I'm already excited about it! I found the perfect fabric for the base.
Okay, that's enough 'hint' for now:)

Meanwhile, I spent most of yesterday going through 2009 paperwork and setting up my new binder for 2010. Borrrringgg! But it had to be done. April 15th will be here before we know it. Arrggh, urrrggh...

My husband and I also began our diet yesterday. I didn't do as bad over the holidays as I thought but I do feel the need to get back in shape and get healthy. One day down...

Back to work. I have high hopes for myself and my little mat today. I'll post when it is complete. I plan on putting the mat I made for sale on my website along with a pattern. There has been a lot of detail put into this mat so I plan on giving the do-it-yourself-er some less detailed options.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...