Thursday, January 21, 2010

Roses, Love Stoies, and Mr. Knightley



My fingers have been very busy, in many ways.

First, I finished my 'dornie' (a small, decorated pillow for hanging on a doorknob) for "Ring-a-Ring-a-Roses". It looks very sweet and it is a simple enough of a project that you could whip it up rather quickly. It has a small amount of cross stitch, in two colors, all red and white with some bright green to make it pop. A pattern will be available at my website and on Etsy.

Etsy, you say? That's how else my fingers have been busy. I put 23 items on Etsy at my store (click on the link in the margin). It's easy enough to do. Just time consuming and repetitive. Go check it out.

Today I will start to put the spring product on my web site. Then I have a couple of patterns I want to work up. Busy, busy!

In other news.... Since hearing that Erich Segal, the author of 'Love Story', passed away, I've had the theme song for the movie 'Love Story' going through my head, ad nauseum. I've nearly reduced myself to tears a couple of times and have been apprehensively awaiting the moment that "Love means never having to say your sorry" comes flying out of my mouth. But, alas, today the music is gone.

Now I am focused on Sunday and Jane Austen's 'Emma' that will be on PBS. I received my Jane Austen and Me 'The Emma Project' from T.S.G. the other day. It is a pattern for a beautiful cross stitch sampler with a quote from 'Emma'. Now, 'Pride and Prejudice' is my favorite J.A., but 'Emma' is a very close second. I have to say, even though I find Mr. Darcy handsome and intriguing, if I had to pick a J.A. male character to spend the rest of my life with, it would be Mr. Knightley. There, I've said it.

Okay. Back to work.

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dani,
    What about Col Brandon? He makes my heart ache sometimes more than Darcy - should I dare admit that? LOL

    Lovely to have you stop by my new blog. Enjoy your weekend!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...