Friday, January 8, 2010

Flowers and Shells Are Finished


I have finally finished the ring of 'pretty maids' and 'cockle shells' on my 'Mary, Mary' mat. I also took step-by-step pictures of the flowers and how I put them together. I plan on posting a set of instructions with pictures on this blog for those of you who want to make the detailed flowers. The pattern will have step-by-step instructions and drawings, too, but this way you can get further help.

Next, the silver bells.

We got lots of snow here yesterday and throughout the night. As a result... SNOW DAY!!! Nathanael just told me today was the best day because he has been able to play all day. It's been nice not having to go any where. Being holed-up once in a while isn't that bad. It's cold but pretty out there. The dark, brown and white tree limbs against the pale, blue sky is down-right inspiring. Maybe I'll have to come up with something in those colors.

Back to the laundry. (Am I always doing laundry?) I don't have to put much thought in to dinner, though. We're having pancakes and bacon tonight. A simple and stick-to-your-ribs meal that my husband will need after having been shoveling snow all day long.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...