Monday, January 6, 2014

Speaking of snowdays...



I don't know how much snow we got on Sunday. A lot. At least a foot. And now it's cold and windy and we're still supposed to get more snow. School was cancelled for today and, as of an hour ago, it has been cancelled for tomorrow. 
So here we sit, the boys and I, warm and safe in our house on the corner, rationing out our reserves of brotherly love for a little bit longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night I watched the return of Downton Abbey. I was a bit distracted by the snow storm that I could see out my window but I hung in there and watched the full two hours. 
My thoughts on the episode?

 Well, it felt kinda long. 
I wish Mary had snapped out of her funk a little quicker. 
Lord G. was so frustrating. Even Lady G. was making want smack my hand against my forehead. Edith, oh Edith. Surely she has read Jane Eyre. 
Thomas needs to be dealt with. Made to disappear, if you know what I mean. 
The whole Nanny West thing had me in a quandary. Thomas didn't like her so that should mean that I would like her. But there was something off about her behavior. Now I know why. (Which redeemed Lady G. a wee bit.)
Overall, I realize this episode had to wrap up last season and set us up for the various story lines this season. I can't wait to see where it takes us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...