Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Baby, It's Cold Outside! (And Inside)

I woke up this morning to -14 degrees outside. Let's not even talk about windchill. -14 degrees real temperature is impressive enough for me.
Getting out of bed to set my feet on my cold bedroom floor took some convincing. 

The rest of the morning was spent trying to warm up the house. The thermostat wasn't moving past 62. I dug out two heaters from the attic and built a (my first) fire in the fire place.
 We are up to 69! Go me!! 

So I decided to spend the afternoon working on my latest portrait series. I have fabric, floss, pins and needles, and scissors laid out on my dining room table, close to a heater. Before I got going, I thought I'd show what- who- I was stitching up.


Appropriately enough, I will be spending the month of January working on the Brothers Grimm's version of Snow White & Rose Red. I am working on them simultaneously-ish. 
Miss Snow is first and this is a sketch of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...