Thursday, March 3, 2011

Update- The Circus

Next in line for my circus series is a gypsy/fortune teller. Below is a sketch and then the next picture shows her beginnings.


I'm having fun with her (I have fun with all of them). I always liked dressing up like a gypsy for Halloween. Or a hobo. Or Marie Osmond. But I digress...

Anyway, I haven't decided on a name for her yet. Or her back story. Those tend to develop while I am working on the actual portrait. It's kinda fun having a "conversation" with my creation-in-the-works. Like they're telling me a story while I sit and stitch.

Next, I think, I'll begin work on the marionette siblings. I'll tuck them away in the back of my brain somewhere and let them simmer. In the meantime, here is a little sketch I did to get me started...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...