Friday, January 21, 2011

Books, Books, Books, Books, Books

5 books read in the past 4 weeks:

* A Christmas Odyssey by Anne Perry (I get her new Christmas novella every Christmas from my husband. I love how these have become a little bit of a tradition between us.)

* Heat Wave by "Richard Castle" (I loooove the TV show 'Castle' and have been curious about the books. It was a fun read and a good mystery that kept me going. The second book, Naked Heat, arrived in the mail today.)

* Mistletoe and Mayhem by Kate Kingsbury ( This, too, was a Christmas gift. It was a fun, holiday themed mystery in Edwardian England. I think I'll check out her other books once the holidays roll 'round again.)
* An Irish Country Courtship by Patrick Taylor (Just wonderful! I love this series that takes place in Ireland in the 1960's. They leave you feeling warm and happy. And, I also like walking around saying "wee" and "eejit".)

* The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig ( I love this series, too. They are rom-com, historical books inspired by the Scarlett Pimpernel. Sweet and funny and fun.)

Now, I shall be diving into Peril at Somner House by Joanna Challis. I read the first in this series last spring, Murder on the Cliffs. The heroine is none other than Daphne du Maurier (Rebecca, The Frenchman's Creek, Jamaica Inn) Good mystery, great characters and lots of fun. Then Naked Heat. And The Orchid Affair. I am positively giddy with anticipation!

What's on your nightstand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...