Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Vinegar Love

Another beautiful day here! The sun is shining and the sky is cloud-free. It is still a little cool but it is that refreshing coolness. You'll be happy to know that we didn't have any frost issues over night. The garden looks fine and all of the seedlings are reaching for the sunshine. The chickens are all accounted for. The egg-layers are just growing and changing so fast. They are quite beautiful with lots of color beginning to show in their feathers.

I've been giving the kitchen a once over. With vinegar! That's right- vinegar! Perhaps I am the last person to discover the wonders of vinegar but I don't care. I went to a website yesterday, www.vinegartips.com, and discovered many lengthy lists of the uses for vinegar. WOW!!! So, today I filled a spray bottle with undiluted distilled white vinegar and cleaned my heart out. It did a great job! I don't care for the smell of vinegar (who does?) but I found, when cleaning with it, the smell faded as the vinegar dried. In the end my kitchen just smelled clean. It was great! So, check out the website. They had some great tips for lots of things, not just cleaning. Like, if your dog itches its ear a lot, wipe the inside of their ear with a soft cloth with white vinegar on it regularly. We did that for Katie- her ears were ruling her world- and it seems to have worked. I'm going to keep at it once a week and see if it helps her out. I'll keep you posted.

So there is my plug for vinegar. I wish I had known all of this stuff before! When I think of all of the money I could have saved on cleaning products...Oy! And, it's non-toxic, so it's safe around kids and pets. I'm loving the vinegar!

Alright, enough of that. I'm going to do some stitching now while the little ones sleep. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...