Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday News

It is a beautiful day here in Lansing, Michigan. The sun is shining, the sky is perfectly blue, green is EVERYWHERE. And it's cold. :( Only mid-fifties today. Not the end of the world, though, because it is still so pretty. I'm going to stay in today and sew. It's kind of nice to have this decision made for me!

What am I sewing? I'm working on a cross stitch design featuring geraniums. Not enough is done to show you, so you'll have to wait.

The chicks are doing good. We found one in the food container this morning. After thinking that it had escaped its pen altogether. Dave fished her out and returned her to the fold. Crazy birds!

I bought some hanging flower baskets yesterday. Geraniums and Bleeding Hearts. I also bought a flat of Begonias. I got some more mulch to spread around the garden beds. It's looking really nice out there. (Sorry, no pictures yet.) I felt like I want to make this vegetable garden of mine part of the landscape- pretty and purposeful. It is very in-your-face out there in the side yard and it is drawing a lot of attention. Our neighbor hood has started a community garden, too. It's cool watching everyone get so involved in our bit of Earth. I'm no environmentalist by any stretch of the imagination but I've developed a desire, if you will, to be a better steward of what God has given me. I also want my boys to learn how to take care of themselves- from the ground up!

I've started thinning out the seedlings and will continue to do more on Thursday when it will be warmer out. I have also moved the tomato seedlings out side to be 'hardened ' before being transplanted. All this in time for frost warnings for tonight. So, I'll be out and about this evening bundling up my little darlings.

Dave and I have also started sketching out our plans for the chicken coop. We have lots of old doors and cabinets and woodwork from all of the remodeling we've been doing on our house. I think we should use as much of this 'waste' as possible. It'll be cheaper, for one thing, and it'll give a lot of character to the coop. I am again approaching this as an extension of our landscaping- a work of art. I'll keep you updated once we get started on this.

Well, I think that's enough 'stream of consciousness' for now. Back to stitching! Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...