Monday, February 1, 2010

New Month, New Release, New Goals

Happy February, everyone! It's cold and bleak here in Lansing, MI. That's because it's February and this is what February looks like and feels like in Lansing, MI. So, here I am, putting as happy a spin on it as possible. At least it's a short month!

I finished my "Sweet Hearts" bowl fillers for my family. The pattern is on Etsy and at my web shop along with the option for me to make it for you. Check it out!

I sat myself down this morning and made a list of all of the projects I'd like to complete for this month. I will, of course, be completing the "Spring Cookies" that have been in the works. I'm making that into a booklet of patterns for the cookies themselves along with three other projects using the patterns. I also feel like giving some sheep a little love this month so I pulled out my Mother Goose and found three rhymes to work with. (I won't bother telling you those rhymes because I'm sure you can guess on your own!)

Currently I am felting the rest of my wool. Any sneezing you hear is because of that! And, when I am finished here I will be tackling those spring cookies of mine. The colors are perfect for this time of year- pretty pastels, pinks, purples, yellows. Helps blot out the gray outside!

I have been reading 'Cranford'. It is a wonderful book and I've been enjoying it quite a lot. It is a bit of an emotional roller coaster- cute, sweet, funny parts followed by something heart-wrenching. I'm hoping to find something to work with amongst the many pages. We'll see...

And 'Emma'. Wasn't that wonderful! One more part to go and then it will be finished. I've saved the recordings and look forward to watching the entire movie at one time!!
It looks like they (PBS) will be airing 'Northanger Abbey' next. Oh, joy! I love that book, too. It's a fun one and I can identify with Catherine and her over-active imagination.

Back to work. Lots left to do before Asher gets up from his nap.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...