Friday, November 13, 2009

Sunny Days

Another beautiful and sunny day in Michigan. As a matter of fact, November has been mild, sunny and downright delightful! In Michigan. In Lansing, Michigan. Oh, well, I'm not complaining. I'm a little baffled but... whatever! Bring on the sunshine! I can handle it! (I'm sitting in a patch of sunlight now and it's warming my back.)

Anyway, back to the sewing table. I'm still working on those little candle mats. I need to get those finished and out of my to-do basket so I can move on to some 'cookies'. (Alright, I'm committed now. You're my witnesses. The next project is Christmas 'cookies'.)

I've also begun a personal project (because I'm not happy if I don't have at least three different sewing projects going at one time). My folks are going to be with us for Christmas so I want to do some little things to make this Christmas special. They live in Florida so I don't get to see them as often as I'd like! Since we will be having Christmas dinner at our house I thought I'd make some keepsake name place decorations. They are all going to be on a black wool felt background with everyones name cross-stitched in red on white fabric. I'll also applique something Christmas-y in red or white on the front. The back will be a bright red and white check. I'm going to stuff them so they'll be like little pillows. I don't know if I'm going to make them so that they can hang or maybe I'll toss them in a basket with some greenery until they are ready to be used.



That's all for now. Gotta check out the blogs that I follow and get back to stitching! Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...