Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Best Friends, Witches Boots and Tags




What a great day! I spent the morning crafting with my best friend Susan, made a 'bouquet' of autumn witches boots and baked some yummy smelling tags.

Susan and I have been friends for eight years now and we've been crafting together for the past three. Together, began our crafting business, Fabric Confections (check out the link to our website below). We craft together, laugh together, put on craft shows together, laugh some more, shop for crafts together-while laughing. You get the idea. We are a great source of inspiration and support to each other, for which I am very thankful. Crafting is fun but it's even better when you have someone to craft, and laugh, with! That's Susan. (check out her blog- the link is below.)

Now for my witches boots. I just love those! There is a bit more work to them than some of the other things I make so I tend to put them off. But when I do make them I always love the way they turn out. The three that I completed today aren't so overtly Halloween. You could keep them out for the whole season and add some spookier elements as you get closer to Halloween.

Which leads me to the tags. I felt that my Autumn Witches Boots needed a little something extra- like a tag saying 'Welcome'. Unfortunately, new tags are just too new. What to do? Make a little extra coffee in the morning and set aside the extra in a small bowl. Add a splash of vanilla extract and a liberal sprinkling of cinnamon. Turn your oven on to 250 and line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Dip each tag into the mixture and lay the tag on the cookie sheet. Bake for 15- 20 mins. until dry. Smells yummy! When they are dry you can write a little message on it and use it to spruce up your decorations- they also make fun and creative gift tags.

That's all for now. I have to start prepping for our craft show this weekend. More on that to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...