Thursday, September 17, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...







I love fall! I know I've said this before but I can't stress it enough- I love fall!!! I'm an October baby, after all!


And I love pumpkins, especially jack-o-lanterns. Which came first, the love of fall or the love of pumpkins? Don't know, don't care, just looove 'em!

I love to look at pumpkins, buy pumpkins, eat pumpkin pie and, someday I'd like to try and grow some pumpkins in my little back yard. Then there are those wonderful jack-o-lantern faces. So fun, even when they're scary. And then there's Asher. He's not a pumpkin, he's my 20 month old son- complete with a head full of pumpkin-red hair!

How's about you get your pumpkin on?! Grab some orange fabric, 2 layers, cut out a free-hand pumpkin shape. Take the top layer and give it some personality with black buttons, bits of black and gold wool. Blanket stitch the two layers together, stuff, stick on the end of a piece of grapevine or a twig from your yard and pop it into a plant or pitcher or vase or... anywhere!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...