Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Backward and Forward

Did you all have a wonderful Christmas? I certainly did! Sort of...

Dave hurt his back Friday morning while taking a bag out of the back of the minivan. Really hurt it. He spent Christmas in quite a bit of pain, poor guy, but he seems to be on the mend.

Nathanael was sick with a cold. He's better but, in the spirit of the season, he gave it to Asher. Asher, very kindly gave it to me. Now I'm sick and I sound like a man. I keep expecting the boys to start calling me 'Dad'.

Do I sound like I'm whining? Sorry, I'll stop.

Oh, wait... maybe a wee bit more woe.

My mom and dad left for Florida Monday morning. So, on top of all else, I'm suffering from severe separation anxiety. After they left our house Sunday night, my husband held me close and murmured comforting thoughts in my ear. Like, "The next six months will go by so fast" or, "Maybe they'll sell their house right away". Such a wonderful guy! Until he said, "They're going someplace warmer." Suddenly, I felt like we were at a funeral! He was doing so good up until that point.

So, here I sit thinking about the New Year. I'm quite excited about it. 2010 was really wonderful. I so enjoyed having my parents so close. It had been a good 20 years since I had easy access to them. I know I got wrapped up in them- as did the boys and Dave- but it was so new and fun for all of us! Who can blame me for making my world a little smaller than usual? Oh, well! They are back to Florida now- someplace warmer. I'll miss them terribly but I think I'll be too busy to get maudlin about it.

I'm looking very forward to Asher turning three on January 9th. Two has been a bit trying- and that's putting it mildly. Talk about being wrapped up in someone! I had forgotten how all-consuming two can be. He is so independent. He wants to and, in some cases he can, do so much on his own. Unfortunately for him, and me, he has several limitations. For Pete's sake, he's only about three feet tall! He has been my constant companion and I adore him and his company. I still think he is one of the greatest surprises of my life. I can't wait to see what this next year of his life holds for him. (I'm thinking of teaching him to read. I'll let you know how that goes...)

That's it for now. The washing machine is calling my name. So is the dishwasher. And the dirty dishes in my sink. And...

Have a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...