Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm Back!


Okay, I'm back!

It's been a while since I've had a chance to write anything. I had a big show last weekend, two sick kids and a sick husband. Also, since I had been so focused on prepping for the show, I had a neglected house to deal with, too. But I am caught up now have have been thinking of my fledgling blog a lot. So, here's the update...

The Show. It was at the high school in Haslett, Mi., not far from where I live. It's a rather big show; lots of vendors and lots of customers. It's just one day, 9 a.m. to 4- doesn't seem like it'd be that big of a deal but it is. It was a good show for me. We were down a little bit from last year but we still did real good considering the economy, etc. Anyway, it was lots of fun. I got to spend the whole day with my best friend and crafting partner and we got to visit with lots of familiar faces from our retail past.

The Sick. A cold, an ear infection and the flu- oh my! My boys are both on the mend and doing fine. My husband, on the other hand, looks and sounds like death warmed over! He's got the flu, just your regular, run-of-the-mill, piggy-free, flu. He never gets sick, though, maybe just once a year, so when he does get sick- look out! He's been hit pretty hard and he isn't very good at resting so it has been a bit of a struggle. This too shall pass- I just hope it doesn't get passed to
me!

The Sewing. Well, I am working exclusively on Christmas and Winter right now. I have a big holiday show at Michigan State University on December 5 & 6. Needless to say, we will be selling only Christmas: ornies, gifts, decorations, mats, etc. I love Christmas so I certainly don't mind stitching up snowmen, Santa's and reindeer in October. I've also been working on my website uploading new holiday product for sale. That takes a lot of time and patience which can be hard to come by with a 21 month old on the loose. I'm getting there, though, and learning lots along the way.

This will have to do for now. I've got to get back to making more cookie/gift boxes. My goal is 40 by December 1. Eeek!!!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...