Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring and...SNOW...What!?#*!*&?!!%$*#?:{

So, I was going to write about Spring and Easter today. Then I looked out the window and saw this:
 Asher keeps looking out the window, saying, "What's up with that, Mom?" What indeed!

Well, as you can see, I was not able to use my little break to work on the garden or yard. A week ago it was in the 80's. We made a little progress outside but it was too hot to do much. Spring is taking it's time this year. I have to accept that and get over it. There is nothing I dislike quite like having my plans messed up. Meanwhile, indoors, I have a little bit of Spring going on of my own:



Tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower are making their presence known! I have them on a little table in our one south-facing window, right beside my work table. I should probably move them lest the sight of snow frightens them! 

Well, Spring will come. Someday. In the meantime, Easter quickly approaches. Plans have been made (dinner at the in-laws) and baskets are being assembled (I love Target). After Nathanael asked about when he should make his Easter wish-list, I decided this year's Easter baskets needed to be turned down several notches. I did pretty good- a reasonable amount of candy and a few little things; like a bottle of bubbles and some new pencils and notebooks. 

I'm not worried about the boys not understanding what Easter is about. I think they have that covered. Unfortunately, they have begun to expect that any day resembling a holiday means giving me a list of toys to purchase for them. It's not their fault. I've led them to this place myself. This is the fun part of parenting, isn't it? No one ever talks about the seemingly innocent "habits" that you, yourself, develop in your children. And then, that you have to help break them of those habits. Hindsight's a kick in the pants sometimes! 
This snow has me at sixes and sevens. I'm not sure what to do with myself! In my heart, I'm planting spinach. And teaching Asher how to ride a bike. And going for a long walk in the neighborhood.

In the words of Charlie Brown, "Aaarrrrggghhh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...