Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rainy Saturday

As the title implies... it's raining. We need it. Everything looks so dry. The sun is great but it has been so intense lately that I appreciate the gray-ness.

What to do on a rainy Saturday?

Nathanael is being introduced to "Sinbad the Sailor"- the one with Douglas Fairbanks Jr. and Maureen O'Hara. I think he is liking it. He looks mesmerized!

Asher is napping. I'm potty training him still and it is going real well. Any accidents tend to be more my fault than his. He has gotten pretty good at letting me know when he has to go potty. But only about 90% of the time. The other 10 % is me asking/reminding him. Sometimes I have the nerve to relax- let my potty-guard down. I end up paying the price. We're getting there. I can see a light at the end of this particular tunnel!

As for me... I'm doing laundry, of course. And I've been sewing. I've been working on an 'ode' to the painting American Gothic, using Halloween themes. This current piece is a couple of skeletons- "Mr. and Mrs. Bones". I have also been working on a few small framed portraits and Halloween masks. The ideas are a-flowin'! Now, I am going to take a break and have lunch. Yesterday I started reading "Auntie Mame" - hysterical! I love the movie (Rosalind Russel) , but haven't seen it in many years. So, I think I'll curl up with my book and some lunch and, as Depeche Mode put it, "enjoy the silence".



Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, silence. What is that? I have the creative ideas a-flowin, just not much time or energy to produce. I am making time - my resolution!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...