Sunday, March 2, 2014

Little Briar-Rose {fairy tale series #2}



For the month of March, I chose 'Little Briar-Rose (a.k.a. Sleeping Beauty) as my next fairy tale inspiration. I decided to do a portrait of Briar-Rose while she was asleep and another double portrait of the two wise women bestowing their gifts of Death and Sleep on the new baby.

My other inspiration, as far as clothing and hair styles were concerned, was Downton Abbey. Thank you Lady Mary, Lady Edith and Lady Rose for wearing those fabulous frocks week after week.

Here they are! (For the pictures with parts of the fairy tale, click on the Sew Sweet Fabric Confections button on the right. It'll take you to my blog where I release each portrait a bit more formally.)

'Little Briar-Rose, Asleep'






And, 'Two Wise Women, 13 & 12'










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...