Monday, January 16, 2012

To-Do 2012

It's that time of year again. Time to look at the year ahead of me and make plans for what I'd like to see happen (or not) in 2012.

Personally:
  1. Lose the holiday weight. I mean really lose it. Like, take it out for a long drive in the country and leave it somewhere in the middle of a field. Lose it and not gain it back again!!!
  2.  Read more. My goal is fifty books this year. 2 1/2 done so far!
  3. Be consistent and finish what I start. In other words, don't start something, work at it sporadically, and never finish it. If I am going to start something (a book, a project, anything), do not start it unless I am sure that I will see it through to the end. Then, after being sure that I will see it to the end, actually see it to the end. I'm all about the journey, folks. Time for a change!
Professionally:
*The specifics concerning the art I make will be laid out (eventually) on my other blog. Stay tuned.
  1. Get my work out there more (blog, social media, galleries, website, etc.) And, however it is I choose to get out there, stick with it, update it, be more consistent with it. And, become a bit more computer savvy (if you will) while I'm at. Join the 21st century, and all.
  2. Update my business plan.
  3. Write an artist statement.
Financially:
  1. Save money! On groceries and TV/cable, etc. We just got a Roku box and will soon be saying good-bye to our cable. Eek! I'll let you know how it goes.
  2. Make money! (I'll address this in a separate post. It involves Emma's Fabric Marketplace!) 
 General:
  1. Garden. Utilize a plot in our neighborhood garden. Plant in the back yard. Plant a fall garden.
  2. Basement. Deal with it once and for all!
  3. Get Asher reading and writing the basics. Perhaps home school preschool?
Alright, I think this is good for now. Wouldn't want to overwhelm myself.;) Basically, if I can master the whole be-consistent-finish-what-I-start part of my to-do list, everything else will fall into place. Right?

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...