Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Portrait Plans 2012

I've decided to elaborate on my plans and goals for my art in 2012 here, on this blog, instead of the other blog. Just because.

Before I began on the lovely Mademoiselle Marie #3 (FYI, Marie will always be the first portrait of the new year), I thought about the ideas and thoughts and images that have been tickling my brain for the past couple of months. And, I wrote them down. So, in an effort to hold myself more accountable, here they are:

  1. I have been in envisioning a portrait made with paper. Papers, plural. At first, I was thinking of adding color to paper myself, cutting out the shapes and gluing or sewing them together. Then I thought about books. Old books. Different shades of white paper, fading and yellowing. Different fonts, words, typed close together or far apart. So, I want to explore that. I have, actually. Marie was my subject, of course. I'll get her picture up soon.
  2. I want to draw/watercolor paint more. Either the small, ACEO cards or larger portraits or added to my fabric portraits. Or all of those!
  3. I want to work on my back stories more. More involved, more elaborate. Plan out groups of corresponding portraits as a book. (?)
  4. Explore the ACEO's/drawings to greeting card avenue.
  5. Treat each subject as a more complete package by including multiple forms of portraits and a story and whatever.
  6. Plan. Precisely. Who, how and story. Before. Instead of frantically wracking my exhausted brain for a last bit of creative effort when the portrait is finished and I am ready to move on.
  7. I would also like to investigate local and local-ish galleries. I don't know if I am going to do any shows this year.  
  8. And social media. Argh. Ugh. 'nuff said.
As far as subjects are concerned, here's the short list:
  • characters inspired by Charles Dickens as it is his 200th birthday this year.
  • Dark Shadows characters.
  • characters inspired by E. A. Poe. (Yes, I know. These first three take none of you by surprise. Hang in there.)
  • Fairy tales characters- ie. Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White.
  • characters from Alice in Wonderland.
Of course, all of this is subject to change.Or at least be pushed back. After all, you know as soon Halloween fever sets in, all bets are off!

What's next, now that Marie is complete? Well, I think, don't hold me to it, but...I've had Little Red Riding Hood and that fox of hers on my mind lately. Begin the fairy tales!

Danielle




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...