Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nathanael's Birthday

Yesterday was Nathanael's ninth birthday. Ninth! Look at him!!! He has changed so much!!! I mean, I know it's supposed to happen but.... Yesterday I found myself staring at him a lot. He is really maturing. In his actions, the way he talks, the way he looks. It is thrilling to watch. But, at the same time, it kinda makes my brain hurt. Not that long ago, he looked like this...
This is one of my absolute, favorite pictures of Nathanael. From the top of his fuzzy head, to those well-rounded shoulders. Even that smear of carrots, like he was trying to put on lipstick during an earthquake. It never fails to make me smile (the kind of smile that ends with me in tears- oh, motherhood!).
And now he looks like this. So grown up! No food on his sweet, freckled face! My heart swells!

So, Happy Birthday to my sweet boy! I've truly enjoyed every day, from the moment I knew I was pregnant, to right now. I find it hard to believe it's been nine years. Until I do a little comparison...


Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...